[Fedora-India] Request for speaker

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 09:45:48 UTC 2009

> Ankur Sinha wrote:
>

> > hi,
> >
> > Thanks for that excellent guide.. The workshops are going to be held in
> > the college "nlh" building. These are new ac classrooms for the 1st
> > years. Though the internet is available here, it *sucks*(Max speed is
> > 7-8 Kbps). Ill give it a try though..
>
> If you have serious bandwidth issues and can't deal with webcams. then
> use IRC as a fall back. You can use a projector and everybody will be
> able to see and respond on the conversation.
>
> I don't have any travel budget left this quarter
> to attend another event but would be willing to do a remote presentation
> or discussion.
>
> Rahul

hi,

Thank you Rahul for that mail.

I'm still trying to get better bandwidth at the venue for the remote
remote presentation. (The college had made bandwidth arrangements for
our tech-fest ). I am trying to cajole the Department HOD into getting
it done for us. It is uphill work, since authorities are reluctant to
make any efforts for *any thing* that has no monetary benefit (sadly). I
will know for certain in a few days if it is possible or not.

Also, is it possible for any of you (the Fedora-India seniors) to mail
me requesting the college to provide this kind of infrastructure for the
conference on behalf of the "Fedora India Community"? I could print it
out and pass it on to her. The way college functions, I'm pretty sure it
will make things easier for us.

regards,

Ankur