[fedora-india] Re: [Ambassadors] Final Details for Kalyani Govt. Engineering Collg. Install Fest and FAD

Thu Feb 19 08:41:53 UTC 2009

[If you are cross posting it across lists, please do say that in the
$subject or mail body]

2009/2/19 Rangeen Basu <sherry151 at gmail.com>:

>  1> Introduction to Linux and Fedora (Arindam's slides)
>  2> Installation(using DVD) and configuration( probably using a local
> mirror)
>  3> Talk on Myths about Linux busted with Fedora (Subodip's slideshow)
>  4> A demo and workshop on the various softwares and utilities.
>  5> Talk on how to contribute to FOSS and how to join Fedora ( Possibly
> using Satya's slides)

How to file bug reports and perhaps a small introduction into how to
test the Fedora desktop would be appropriate. It can be done by anyone
who reads up the relevant wiki pages.

Check if you can have a LiveUSB station and get participants to bring
in their own USB sticks and thus get a LiveUSB of Fedora 10.

>    The speakers are yet to be decided. All I know is that Debayan,
> Ratnadeep, Kishan Goyal and me along with Indranil da are attending the
> event. Don't know about Dipanjan or Sarbartha. hey haven't confirmed yet. I
> want Indranil da to say something. Will talk to him tomorrow. Suggest
> anything, any change or any addition, you want. Remember, the agenda for the
> event isn't final yet. Anyone who wants to speak on anything else please let
> me know. I will be needing 100 DVDs. Anyone who has it please supply.
> Debayan is bringing some, maybe 50. I'll need atleast 50 more and some FEL
> DVDs as well. Please reply ASAP.

A large part of the above paragraph is based on 'maybe' and
assumptions. Please do ensure that you have things nailed down
*before* the event and, you *know* whom or what to expect.

Quick note : producing 100 units of DVDs take a bit of time, next time
around it would be a good idea to estimate how best to tackle such a
situation.