[Ambassadors] Re: [fedora-india] Finally prepared the offline repo for the Install Fest at Kalyani Govt. College

Fri Feb 20 02:56:45 UTC 2009

2009/2/19 Rangeen Basu <sherry151 at gmail.com>:

[snip]

> I was thinking that since we are installing using DVDs, so we can simply
> keep demonstrating them on projector how to follow the steps and create
> partitions instead of using the kickstart method since we are not installing
> on one machine at a time. Kickstart works well for standalone installations
> but not in situations like install fest..

You can have a kickstart which asks the user to manually partition but
has a pre-defined set of packages to be installed. As regards why a
kickstart method is required to be demonstrated - it allows you to
control the installation environment and yet provides the flexibility
of demonstrating various installation method.

As is the norm, please point the participants at the fest to go
through <http://docs.fedoraproject.org/> especially the parts related
to <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs/F10Common>. The last document
comes in handy when they go out and help their friends install Fedora.

If you expect a bunch of potential developers etc to be landing up,
also take a little time out talk about how to set up a developer box
on Fedora, what to select etc.

And, if anyone wants to join the Fedora Project, <http://join.fedoraproject.org>