[fedora-india] Fedora Freemedia processing is now automated. Testing required. (please read.)

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 19:28:33 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am really elated to let you know that we have successfully automated
the Fedora Freemedia handling process.

So far the freemedia request handling has been manual.
A form was filled, a mail sent to the mailing list, postal addresses
copied from the mail and updated to the wiki. This was pretty complex,
and time consuming too.

Now the process will be as easy as this:

1. Now the requester will come here[1]. Fill in the data, and will
continue to the next page.

2. On continuing the trac ticket will be already filled with the data,
all the requester will have to do is to click the "Submit Ticket"
button.

3. A ticket will be filed here[2].

4. The freemedia contributor will accept the ticket he/she is willing to ship.

5. When shipped, he/she will close the ticket.

If you have any comment/suggession, please let me know.
Also PLEASE play around with the system, file tickets, close tickets,
and do whatever you want and let me know any bugs that you may have
noticed.

Lastly, thanks to all, who helped doing this possible.

Thanks and awaiting bug reports..

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/freemedia/FreeMedia-form.html
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/freemedia/

Susmit.