[fedora-india] Assembling all the available tasks and find people for them.

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 04:57:21 UTC 2009

Hi,

As a community, we are doing real bad when it comes to mentoring new
people and getting them into the loop.
The problem, seems to be inability to identify the works available/
areas of interest for new people.

Lets do two things

1. Let's put the available tasks (that need to be worked on) at some place.
We can give some portion of our job to youngsters whom we can mentor.

For example, I am going to give this job to anyone interested, and
mentor him/her
JOB: Make the freemedia form[1] consistent to the rest of site/wiki.
WORK TYPE: Web Development/ CSS/ html

Hopefully, this will enable him/her to know the proper irc channels,
mailing lists,
wiki pages and other available tools.

2. Lets take weekly report on the assigned task.
Once we properly mentor people, they will be able to identify the
tasks and work on it.

Susmit.

ssh
0x86DD170A