[Fedora-India] Queries regarding the Free media project in India

Wed Jul 8 03:59:59 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 9:09 AM, susmit
shannigrahi<thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> That's one route. I am sure that there are more than one way to get to
>> a solution for this problem. A query I had was - is it possible to
>> have a geographical representation of the FreeMedia requests ?
>
> Technically, kids play. ;)
> But can we log the browser data without consent from user/requester?

Which brings up a somewhat different problem - without having the
means to have a geographical view of the requests, it would be
difficult to formulate an action. Looking at the places which generate
the most number of requests would allow us to figure out how best to
triage. There are two ways at looking at a solution - [1] the ultimate
and perfect solution and, [2] the optimal solution that allows the
highest number of people to receive the media they requested.

>> Perhaps
>> we could try and get some LocalContacts going as close as possible.
>
> But we have a *lot* of LocalContacts, but does that fulfill any of the
> freemedia requests?
> I have not seen any.

Precisely. So, "why can't the Local Contacts be active ?" Should we be
asking them this question ?