[Fedora-India] Queries regarding the Free media project in India

Wed Jul 8 05:51:08 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Rangeen Basu<sherry151 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 9:36 AM, Rangeen Basu<sherry151 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> As much as I like everyone to receive a media. I guess that just bulk
>> producing media to continue shipments is not going to be a good thing.
>
> Extremely sorry if my thoughts were not clear but I wasn't tlaking
> about bulk producing media rather I was talking about a way freemedia
> contributors can send media to the requesters. Normally freemedia
> contributors would buy media , burn them and pot them. I would be nice
> if this cost could e borne by the requesters, if not in full then at
> least a part of it. If there is a general consensus in this regard
> then the freemedia contributors can start using this method.

It might sound heretic, but here's what I see happening - we already
provide Freedom as a feature :) giving away the media for free (ie.
no-cost) is not helping us make much headway. Freedom and free-of-cost
are not getting appreciated and, we seem to be ending up with more
freeloading than we can handle. The budget is finite (and, it is
minute) so, we simply cannot go on pushing money into the game.