[Fedora-India] Queries regarding the Free media project in India

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 8 06:03:16 UTC 2009

On 07/08/2009 10:31 AM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> This is a good suggestion, but I think we'll end up having a lot of
> refusals :| .
>
> Rahul said that the number of media requests we service is comparitively
> small. I'd like to know approximately how much this is:
>
> @Rahul, what is to max number of free media requests that can be
> serviced from "official" funds?

We don't use the funds for free media. We send bulk media (100 or 200
DVD's say) for local point of contacts who then redistribute it to
ambassadors or free media project in their local area. This works for
major cities. We also send media + other goodies for free software
events organized by the ambassadors or other Fedora contributors as well.