[Fedora-India] : Metting follow up for Sun Jul 12 1800 IST

Tue Jul 14 02:07:03 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 3:14 AM, Mani A<a.mani.cms at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Ambassadors can choose to charge a marginal service fee.
>>
> marginal or nominal?
> cost of Fedora DVD = media price + Rs 20.00

I would suggest leaving the pricing of the media (if at all there is a
group of people coming up to do this) to the folks who would be doing
this. It should (at least theoretically) work out that the best
service provider would get repeat business.

~sankarshan

ps: The notion of my earlier mail was not a blanket statement that *we
are closing down Freemedia for India* but nor was it aimed at
initiating discussions around possible prices. I intended to
demonstrate that given ample reasons, there are ways that "retailing"
could be a good way to distribute media rather than being simply
dependent on Freemedia. I'd be working with Susmit and, all others who
volunteer critical inputs towards assessing how best to fine-tune
Freemedia to make it work better than now.