[fedora-india] Sorry State of Affairs with F11 Installer

das das at randomink.org
Sat Jul 25 04:55:07 UTC 2009

Hello Friends

The Fedora 11 installer is giving a hellish experience. It is failing
on every piece of HW that I tried installing on. I don't know why it
is happening like that. I do always have a prejudice about
odd-numbered release, but after F7 it cleared a bit. Now, F11 is again
reinvigorating it.

I was searching on the Net about similar experiences, and got this
link that really expresses my emotion:
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/index.php/archives/fedora-11-fail-because-of-anaconda/

I don't know why it is happening like that. The robust stability
factor that was always there with anything from RedHat, is going down
and down from F8 onwards.

I think the rapidity rate of release is taking away so many good
things. So many bugs go on repeating and repeating, and without
solutions of them new releases come in line. What is this? Ubuntu has
already demonstrated what happens when you try to popularize the MS
way: you lose your forte: stability. Is Fedora trying to go that way?

I don't know if I do sound a bit bitter. But that is really what I am.
As a part of a local GNU-Linux group, the first horrible experience
on my part came with Ubuntu, when new installations on their own
started becoming messed up, even after all possibilities of becoming a
supervisor was already taken away. And now comes Fedora with its new
creativity: a self-willed anaconda partitioner. How nice was F7 and
F8, what were the harms in keeping them longer? Two of the new users
have already become afraid of using Linux.

You are developer people, much much more learned than me in this line.
Please do something.

--
দাশ das
http://ddts.randomink.org/