[fedora-india] how to set aspell as default

Santhosh Thottingal santhosh.thottingal at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 17:40:29 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 3:05 PM, malathi selvaraj<malathiramya at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1.  I  like to use  aspell spellchecker in fedora
> 2.  But the default spellchecker is hunspell in fedora
> 3.  How to set aspell as default instead of hunspell
> 4.  Because to remove hunspell a lot of packages it depends are removed

I guess you are developing a dictionary and wanted to test the aspell
results alone
Hunspell is the default spellcheck program in fedora. There are two
ways you can test your dictionary using aspell.
1. use aspell command with proper arguments. Read the documentation for details
2. If you can do some python coding : Use enchant. It is a wrapper
over hunspell, aspell and many other spellcheck providers. pyenchant
is a python binding of enchant. You can find it in repo. Use its APIs
to test various features of aspell

Thanks
Santhosh