[fedora-india] Sorry State of Affairs with F11 Installer

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 18:50:56 UTC 2009

>> The Fedora 11 installer is giving a hellish experience. It is failing
>> on every piece of HW that I tried installing on. I don't know why it
>> is happening like that.
>
> It is happening because the Anaconda team had to rewrite the entire
> storage layer from scratch
>
> http://www.happyassassin.net/2009/06/16/on-fedora-11-installation/
>
> It seems you are having a particularly unlucky streak with it. Sorry
> about that.

It is not him alone. I am having the almost similar experience too.

While I appreciate the effort of rewritting anaconda, what I fail to
appreciate is what worked even in the last release, does not work with
the newer one.

What is the use of new features if it is not usable? Someday, I shall
take it up to the devel list.

Thanks.

Susmit.

ssh