[fedora-india] What is the easiest way to find an Ambassador near to oneself ?

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 06:55:56 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-07-26 at 12:18 +0530, susmit shannigrahi wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Aditya Patawari<adimania at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Retry sending these mails. Even if we are able to remove 10 inactive
> > ones it will be good for us. Additionally we can ask to put their
> > location on fedora map as a compulsory step for continuing as an
> > ambassador
>
> Let me put my foot down and say NO.
> That was a bad experience, I won't repeat it.

+1

Replying to mails or putting yourself on the map makes no difference
whatsoever . That is no measure of whether a person will work or not.

> Ankur, what you suggested is (most part of it)  already implemented
> with the new membership process. And I am not for making any
> assumption for number of active ambassadors. Whoever wants to work,
> will do it, if someone does not work will be eventually cleaned up. I
> don't think we need to worry  about it. Last week, we cleaned up 210
> inactive ambassadors.

hi,

That's great. I didn't know a clean up was already ongoing. Is there a
wiki page or something for us to know more?

I'd suggest a quarterly "What I'm doing" report as mandatory for all
ambassadors:

All you've got to do is mail to the list, with relevant info and
links(some way of knowing that you are actually up to something).Also,
the work should be Fedora oriented. Just being part of an LUG isn't
enough for a Fedora ambassador.

comments folks?

@ Rangeen etc?

--