[fedora-india] What is the easiest way to find an Ambassador near to oneself ?

Rangeen Basu sherry151 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 06:05:53 UTC 2009

On 7/26/09, Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> That's great. I didn't know a clean up was already ongoing. Is there a
> wiki page or something for us to know more?
>
> I'd suggest a quarterly "What I'm doing" report as mandatory for all
> ambassadors:
>
> All you've got to do is mail to the list, with relevant info and
> links(some way of knowing that you are actually up to something).Also,
> the work should be Fedora oriented. Just being part of an LUG isn't
> enough for a Fedora ambassador.

That's one way but not the only way and neither is it a full proof
one. While reporting being an essential part of ambassador activity,
we can not entirely base the system upon this. A mix of the various
ways is a good choice rather. Active ambassadors must be tracked and a
record should be kept. That IMHO is a must. I have seen a lot of
discussion on this topic but no conclusions yet.
Coming to the end user, I have seen, some days back, someone mailed
every ambassador he could find but one who replied is not from his
location. Rather he helped him find the correct person. Remote
assistance is also an effectivve way. Think of Shakthi and me helping
out Agartala people to organize the event. What is important is to
know what the end user wants and acting accordingly. Still I agree
that locational advantage is good but IMHO it is not a must.
 My mail may sound a little incoherent cause I am having trouble
typing from a cafe keyboard which is givng me heel of a time,
literally.

--
Regards
Rangeen Basu Roy Chowdhury