[fedora-india] Leonidas

Ritesh Sinha sinha.k.ritesh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 06:03:13 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 9:35 AM, dilip khanolkar <
dilipkhanolkar at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> I am trying to distribute as many FC11 dvds as much as possible. Till
> now did 8 dvds.
>
> Regards,
> Dilip Khanolkar,
> +919769107738

> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 11:19 AM, Kishore Bhargava<kishore at pobox.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Am surprised that the community is so quiet on the launch of a new
> release.
> >> Fedora 11 is supposed to be great, I have not seen it yet and am waiting
> >> get hold of the media, but really guys, there should be some fanfare at
> each
> >> release. The ambassadors need to ensure that some noise is made in each
> city
> >> and that the media is made available. At least IMHO. Whats the point of
> >> thriving community if this is not done.
> >
> > I agree. There are a couple of events/parties lined up. Most of them
> > are around the later days of the month since they are awaiting the
> > shipment of the bulk produced media. However, nothing does stop the
> > Ambassadors from coming together using a UG meet or, just an informal
> > chat session and, have a romp talking about and spreading the Fedora
> > message of 4Fs.
> >

> > --
> > http://www.gutenberg.net - Fine literature digitally re-published
> > http://www.plos.org - Public Library of Science
> > http://www.creativecommons.org - Flexible copyright for creative work

I  downloaded and installed F11 on an older system that I have. I have to
admit, the boot process is very appealing visually and pretty much
everything looks nice and sharp. Sadly, the system has an intel video card
(i845 i think) and videos refuse to play on it =(. This is a known issue and
a heads up for people with Intel video cards, please be sure to test it out
in the live cd mode. This really isn't a Fedora issue, the Intel video card
drivers are undergoing a complete rewrite at Intel which is going to cause
much breakage and grief for some time (a couple of months perhaps). Until
then, IMHO, it's best to stick to F9/F10 or whatever works perfectly for
you.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F11_bugs#Miscellaneous_problems_with_Intel_graphics_adapters