[fedora-india] Fedora Campus Ambassador Project

Rangeen Basu sherry151 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 18:39:47 UTC 2009

Hi all

I came across this project page a few days back and opened the
discussion on #fedora-ambassadors list. I was amazed by the fact that
there are no owners of the initiative yet.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Schedule . It is my opinion
that this is a good initiative since this focuses on the campuses (
universities and colleges) where majority of the Linux users are and
also where a lot of FOSS development take place. This is good
opportunity to build a strong community of students and potential
contributors. So I wanted to open this topic for discussion. I want
India or maybe APAC to take the lead in this project. We have a lot of
Fedora Ambassadors and users in India and I believe that this will be
step forward. What do you think about this initiative. This topic will
be discussed in the next meeting of famsco. Please let your opinions
and ideas flow in.

Wiki Page: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Campus_Ambassadors

Regards
--