[fedora-india] Fedora Campus Ambassador Project

Thu Mar 19 06:11:30 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> I'd suggest that we have three simple criteria for students to become
> a Campus Ambassador. They should:
>
> 1. Use Fedora.
> 2. Help their friends use Fedora.
> 3. Start to contribute to Fedora
> (packaging/documentation/translation/marketing/code/testing/support or
> any other)

And, that's a very good summary of what it takes. Thanks Shakthi. For
example, I am pretty much delighted to see a lot of young folks coming
up from Durgapur, but, if you look closely enough, Durgapur isn't the
only thing in West Bengal and, West Bengal isn't the only state in
India. There are times when I get the feeling that we should learn to
walk first and, then start running. Or, in other words, let's start
getting more folks who follow the 3 steps with intense passion across
various states and educational institutes and, I am sure that the good
ones will be self selected into leadership roles like Campus
Ambassadors.