[fedora-india] National Institute of Technology workshop report

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 13:47:30 UTC 2009

Hi,

My thoughts below:

--- On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Rakesh Pandit
<rakesh.pandit at gmail.com> wrote:
| The main aim was to select and give training only to those people who
| have some sort of experience with programming and good aptitude.
\--

What you need to test is "attitude".

---
| Moreover we want one to one interaction with each of them. That is why
| only 16.
\--

"We had asked CSE and ECE depts. to “give us list of 16 students
willing to participate and if more then 16 are interested then select
best among them based on your judgement.” We wanted to save time and
not get involved into selection and thought departments are best to
do so quickly. "
Source: http://rakesh.gnulinuxcentar.org/?p=131

You were probably just lucky.

I would like to emphasize that this may or may not be the case in
every Institute. In future, please let the sessions be open to all,
and let the students, whoever is interested, join the lab, mailing
list, IRC discussions.

Nothing can/should prevent anyone from contributing or working with
Fedora. Please inform the rest who couldn't make it that they can
still participate in fedora-india, or #fedora-india discussions.

Keep up the good work!

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan