[fedora-india] Packaging wishlist

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 25 04:54:10 UTC 2009

Hi,

I would very much like to package all these but since I haven't even
gotten do proceed with existing reviews yet and here is the projects I
have in mind. If you are looking for a few easy things to get started,
look no further.

Transmageddon - a very simple PyGTK app to convert from one media format
to another.  Please do get in touch with the author first before you
package as he has a RPM package already.

http://blogs.gnome.org/uraeus/2009/03/23/learning-to-code/

Popcorn- Debian Popularity Contest software ported to RPM. It allows a
user to send a package listing and other related metadata to a server
that we can use to measure which software is more used. Would be a nice
compliment to Smolt. I can help you convince the Fedora infrastructure
team to use it if you package it.

http://repo.or.cz/w/popcorn.git?a=blob;f=README

Bloodfrontier - New open source 3D shooter. Would be nice to have in the
Fedora 11 games Live DVD.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=blood_frontier&num=1
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bloodfrontier/

Openrasomol (suggestion from Kushal)

It is a program for molecular graphics visualisation

http://www.openrasmol.org/