[fedora-india] How to install Gtalk in Fedora 10 & RHEL 5.3

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 31 09:55:35 UTC 2009

Manilal K M wrote:

> Empathy would be ideal if you want to do voice/video chat.
> http://live.gnome.org/Empathy
>
> I have reviewed it some months ago and worked well on F9.
> http://gnubreeze.blogspot.com/2008/10/gtalk-on-gnulinux-desktop.html

Did you actually try the voice/video chat capability? The last time I
tried, the only thing I was able to do was hear a friend of mine talking
to mine. I couldn't chat back (might have been my local configuration
issue) and video didn't work at all. If you want voice/video

Amsn - MSN
Gyachi - Yahoo

Skype in Linux - voice and video works well but it is a proprietary app.