[fedora-india] Tidbits of Problems

das das at randomink.org
Fri May 8 13:40:50 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On 05/08/2009 08:59 AM, das wrote:
>
> [ My Fedora 11 FAQ at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_11_FAQ
> covers all this already but mediawiki caches old content and hence I am
> going to be copy pasting from it]

Thanks for this link.

> Are you saying that the settings are not retained?  Does that happen
> only in Xfce or in GNOME as well?

My Desktop is Xfce by default, and now that you asked it, I logged in
into Gnome. And the tap and scroll and everything is retained in
Gnome, even after re-login. But the tap is getting disabled the moment
I logout from Gnome. It is neither working in GUI login prompt, nor in
Xfce.

The other more serious setting changes that you have suggested I will
try, but tomorrow, and report you back before I read the document
attentively.

> "Run alsamixer -c0 in the command line and turn up the controls and
> check again.

Dear Sundaram, you are becoming my personal angel. If you like fish, I
can email you some, I am an excellent cook of fish. The audio is
absolutely OK now on both the laptop and the Desktop. Thank you.

> Only rawhide should be there. You can disable the other repo which
> appears to have been enabled manually. Rawhide to general repo
> conversion will happen automatically.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_from_pre-release_to_final
>
> Verify with yum repolist post-release.

OK, I am disabling the other repo. Thank you again.

--
দাশ das
http://ddts.randomink.org/