[fedora-india] Packaging RPM presentation

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Sun May 10 15:17:55 UTC 2009

Hi,

--- On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 7:16 PM, Rakesh Pandit
<rakesh.pandit at gmail.com> wrote:
| Good presentation, Nice work ... are pictures used inside presentation
| your own?
\--

Yes, except, couple of them which are also under GNU FDL taken from
wikipedia.org.

---
| Don't they need licensing ?
\--

Yes, same as under GNU FDL.

---
I see this pattern similar to
| famous Autotools pdf ;) which is very good.
\--

Yes, the sources are LaTeX Beamer.

---
| rpmls (part of rpmdevtools) can list packages without having to extract
| them first with rpm2cpio directly.
\--

Updated in version 1.1.

---
| It would be nice to add a brief description of rpm -q --qf
| "[%{fileperm:perms} %{filenames}\n]" <package-name-in-db> or
|
| rpm -qp --qf "[%{fileperm:perms} %{filenames}\n]"
| <path/to/binary/file.rpm>
\--

I shall skip this for now. I have provided lot of reference links in
the presentation. The idea is to get people started, and once they
have the self-confidence, and self-belief, they can start to explore
more macros, wiki documentation, and also communicate in the channels
for packaging queries and support.

Thanks for your feedback,

SK

--