[fedora-india] Gujarat ( INDIA ) introduce open source at 12th standard syllabus with @ 50% weightage.

Fri May 22 08:36:52 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 5:33 PM, Nilesh J. Vaghela
<electromech at electromech.info> wrote:

> I thought let me share you the efforts of people like us and success story ,
> the introduction of open source mainly LINUX is now part of official
> syllabus of Gujarat 12th standard computer subject.

Now is as good a time as any to undertake some well thought out steps
along the following lines:

- ensure that content that allows potential users to install,
configure and use Linux/Fedora is available in the local language
- ensure that the applications that are used (or, wished to be used)
are exhaustively packaged for and maintained in Fedora
- work on spins/remixes that are relevant to deployment  like these
- work towards creating a collaborative book that can be used by the
teachers/trainers

And, last but not the least, do our best to be excellent to each other
so that we can collaborate and get similar positive outcome across
various states and education boards.

Sent from Pune, MH, India