[fedora-india] Artha ~ The Open Thesaurus

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 27 03:22:47 UTC 2009

On 05/27/2009 08:34 AM, das wrote:

> This is really useful after what I read on the wiki page. This is even
> better than my long-time friend WordNet. Some time back someone from
> you gave me the idea how to compile WordNet after installing tcl-devel
> and tk-devel. And WordNet compiles and works fine that way. But I
> could not compile Artha. The requirements it shows are:
>
> wordnet, glib, glib-devel, gtk+, gtk-devel

That's not enough.  The INSTALL file mentions libnotify and dbus-glib
(optional but you don't want miss out of functionality) as well and for
compiling, you need the devel header files.  That would be

# sudo yum install libnotify-devel dbus-glib-devel.

Then try again. I would probably work on packaging both wordnet and
artha today.  The former is a dependency of the latter.