[fedora-india] Linux in govt. offices

S.K. suyash.kmr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 13:47:34 UTC 2009

Hi,
I'm back home in Dehradun for my month long end semester holidays. The
government offices here have been spending 'crores; of rupees on original
Windows XP and Norton anti-virus for the thousands of computers in the
government offices all over the state. It seems they got weary of that.
There was a report in the local newspapers yesterday that they have decided
to switch to Linux in all offices. The switch hasn't started yet and they
haven't contacted any company or person to help them do so. My father being
a govt. officer, I can try and contact the officials responsible for this
and  put up a presentation on Linux(Specific to Fedora off course). What do
you think?

PS.  Should I forward this mail  to the ambassadors list too?

Suyash Kumar

Fedora Ambassador

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SuyashKumar