[fedora-india] F11 connection probs in internet

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 1 23:41:43 UTC 2009

On 09/27/2009 01:33 PM, gaurav agrawal wrote:
> I istalled fedora 11 with  / partition with ext3 filesystem and 500 MB
> swap partition.
> I have followed the same procedure i have been following for f9 and f10.
> when f11 loaded, the palimpsest disk utility shows that you have errors
> on disc.
> i installed a fresh copy of f11 again but the same problem arises.

Palimpsest actually uses smartd which is a hard disk diagnostics program
that detects potentially hard disk failures in advance. Simply
reinstallation is not to change anything at all. Your hard disk is
likely having bad sectors.

> I am unable to configure my internet connection(ppp using ethernet..bsnl
> broadband) through system--> administration-->network
> The activate/deactivate buttons appears grey.

For broadband connections, you should be using NetworkManager instead.
Works much better.