[fedora-india] Fedora Goodies for FOSS event

shreekant bohra skbohra123 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 06:59:59 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

I am Shree Kant Bohra  from Engineering College Bikaner Rajasthan, a final
year engineering student and a  Google Summer of Code 2009 student for
Sahana Disaster Management System.

I am pleased to tell you that, we FOSS lovers at our college have planned a
four days FOSS event from 28th - 31st October 2009. The motive behind this
event is to get people engaged into Open Source development. Since the FOSS
event is in parallel with a India level technical festival of our college,
FOSS event will have around 350-400 students from all across India.

Four day of FOSS event will include various sessions and hackfests about
different Open Source projects including Sahana, NUI group, Mozilla Firefox,
Joomla, Drupal, and Fedora. For all four days we have planned an
Installfest, we will install various flavours of Linux on participants
laptops and will provide them with CD/DVDs of various distros.

Being a free of cost and totally students organized event, we are trying to
generate funds for the event through industry support.

If we get Fedora goodies for the event, to be distributed among
participants, it would really be a good attraction. Please let me know, if
it is possible and if yes what procedure to be followed.

Cheers
--
Shree Kant Bohra
Let the Source be open