[fedora-india] Association with a startup in Bangalore

Amit Pundir amitpundir at ymail.com
Tue Oct 20 05:24:47 UTC 2009

______________________________

We are also using fedora for as server and its working nicely.

>>> Here in Europe we call that Community Consulting where we enable companies to
>>> work with and on Fedora - and there is the Fedora EMEA e.V. as legal entity -
>>> non profit organisation - where you can spend donations for Fedora. We use this
>>> money for events, fad, fudcon, swag. We can save some RedHat Money and  we
>>> report all that to the Fedora Board.
>>>
>> I have talked to them and they have agreed to pay us some money which
>> I plan to use for freemedia. I don't think that will be a problem
>> legally.

i with my other friend can help these people, i am not sure what all
things has to be done, yes i do have setup our college lab where we
have some 70 machines two webservers backup using rsync , nat using
iptables .. if i can get exact idea of the things to be done we can
provide a helping hand,

>If it was Kolkata, I would have offered free but limited support. I like
>helping people who want to use linux
>in a big way. I can help online (over internet). If costs of travel and
>accommodation can be paid for, I can
>travel for a few days to the courageous users of Fedora, to provide
>initial thrust and support and confidence
>building, and a little training.

as we have good support online, things can be
done with help of each other.

>>> Company helps as a Fedora Contributor, as example - provides proper
>>> accomodation for Fedora Contributors for Meet up's like foss.in or provides
>>>
>> They are extremely small now with very limited budget, but I will stay
>> in touch with them and check if they can help in any way.
>>
>> Also I will let them know about FOSS.in and also know if they are
>> interested to participate.
>>

>Everything starts small, the ones which make it big are those which make
>the right choices, however
>tough and challenging those choices may tun out to be. Best of Lucks.

Amit Pundir
Kormangala, Bangalore

      Now, send attachments up to 25MB with Yahoo! India Mail. Learn how. http://in.overview.mail.yahoo.com/photos