[fedora-india] DVD writer troubles

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 10:47:47 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-31 at 03:35 -0700, Ashwin Mansinghka wrote:
> On 31-Oct-09 12:46 PM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > More info:
> >
> > This ones from wodim..
> >
> > It burnt the entire thing and failed on "Fixating".. Sooo close :(
> >
> > wodim output[1]
> >
> > dmesg output[2]
> >
> > you'll notice the "offlined device" that i had mentioned here.
> >
> > [1] http://ankursinha.fedorapeople.org/temp
> >
> > [2] http://ankursinha.fedorapeople.org/temp1
> >

> > I haven't yet posted to the fedora-list, (since I'm already posting
> > here)
> >

> I have faced this issue in past.
> The problem is related to write access to the DVD / CD writer.
> The culprits to tackle here are "selinux" and "PolicyKit......"
> configurations
> to allow the access to write to the DVD / CD writer.
>
> Do a little legwork (finger work with keyboard) or come back and ask
> again :)
>
> with Regards,
> ASHWIN

Hey Ashwin,

Can you please post the "legwork" needed? I really cant afford any more
dvd burning try outs on a limited allowance.. :(

I'd be extra grateful if you could please post *reasons* along with each
step so I know exactly what I'm doing. (Knowing the path isn't enough,
you should know why you're taking it too ;) )

--
regards,

Ankur