[fedora-india] DVD writer troubles

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 12:24:16 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-31 at 17:43 +0530, steve wrote:
<snip>

> Interesting to know growisofs worked but wodim didn't. I'd suggest you trace
> down the problem and/or file a bug against wodim and other apps that failed. So
> that they are able to handle whatever the problem was in the manner growisofs
> does or failing that, error out in a meaningful manner which would point to the
> source of the problem.

and not waste media!!!

> As for the second error also file a bug against growisofs or debug it further
> and file a bug against the right component (most likely would turn out to be a
> problem with HAL or udev).
>
> I'd suggest getting a re-writeable CD/DVD media tho' :)

its because the ACL of my USB drive does not contain "Ankur" as user

laptop drive:

[Ankur at Ankur ~]$ getfacl /dev/sr0
# file: dev/sr0
# owner: root
# group: cdrom
user::rw-
user:Ankur:rw-
group::rw-
mask::rw-
other::---

USB drive:

[Ankur at Ankur ~]$ getfacl /dev/sr1
# file: dev/sr1
# owner: root
# group: cdrom
user::rw-
user::rw-
group::rw-
mask::rw-
other::---

Dont really think its a bug. Ill confirm with what the man page has to
say before filing one for growisofs

> cheers,
> - steve
>
> PS: Please *do* file a bug even if you aren't that much into debugging. Lack of
> bugs is what causes others to comment -- it works on windows but doesn't on linux.

Yeah, I will file bugs (wodim and brasero currently, maybe k3b once I
waste a few dvds on that). I like bugzilla :)

--
regards,

Ankur