[fedora-india] Hi all

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 02:12:59 UTC 2010

On 04/16/2010 03:06 AM, Aniket Suryavanshi wrote:
> What contributions can be done by graduate students to the Fedora
> community. Students who have some knowledge of:
>
>     * programming in C, C++, Java, C#
>     * operating system components
>     * database system concepts (creating databases, writing queries,
>       etc. in Oracle and MS SQL Server)
>     * web technologies (HTML, CSS, JavaScript, XML, XSLT)
>
> Any other typical contributions expected from graduate students or
> beginners towards the Fedora community?

There are more than enough skills to get started.   If you want specific
projects,  I have a list of easy to fix bugs in Gnote (C and C#
knowledge is useful) and Transmission (C++ with GTK, Qt and web front
end using Javascript and HTML )  is available.  Let me know if you want
me to send them across to you.   Gnote upstream is Rishi and he is a
Fedora contributor subscribed to this list and Transmission primary
upstream contact is charles in #transmission.   There are many more
including lekhonee-gnome, a wordpress blog editor written in Vala (C#
knowledge is useful) and Ayttm yahoo instant messenger (C skills are
useful) and so on.