[fedora-india] New Group to people who wants to start open source

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 06:50:30 UTC 2010

 On 08/03/2010 10:29 PM, Ashwin wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 August 2010 09:49 PM, Arun Prakash wrote:
>
> <snip....>
>
>> .Also for only one OS lab we use pirated
>> REDHAT , which is formated when the semester ends.
> <snip...>
>
> Please note, there is no such thing as *PIRATED* in GNU/LINUX based OS
> distribution. Redhat Linux is a free for copying and giving.

Red Hat Linux is a legacy product and while that was freely
distributable,  Red Hat Enterprise Linux is only available under a
subscription

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux

If you want only the software without the support,  you can just use a
rebuild instead.  There are a number of other distributions that are
commercial and do not permit free redistribution.