[fedora-india] FUDCon India/APAC, April 2011

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 13:41:43 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 6:37 PM, Deependra Singh Shekhawat wrote:

> We are talking about fudcon its not a simple college event. I appreciate
> your willingness to help and do everything but its not gonna work out. Its
> not a one man job. Its teams job. Do you have a team ? I thought about Pune
> as most of the Redhat folks are there and they can always form some team or
> maybe guide some folks in a better direction.
>
> Maybe people with expertise in conducting event of this big scale and also
> give their opinions .

----

It is not clear to me why you are objecting to him volunteering to lead the
organization of a event.  Fedora events such as FUDCon are community events
and it is healthier to gather volunteers to participate and I am glad he has
stepped up to do so.  Red Hat has a presence in Pune but whatever work we
put in within Fedora is voluntary as well and we have done a FAD in pune
recently  for logistics but I am willing to explore other places and
Bangalore is not a unsuitable place at all.   Hiemanshu volunteering to lead
it doesn't mean he will be the only person involved and it does require more
people to participate.  We can all pitch in and take ownership of specific
things and work as a team.  If you want to inquire within Pune or help out
in specific ways (posters and media for instance), you are of course welcome
to do.  Having more options will allow us to pick the best one.   Please
don't discourage anyone.