[fedora-india] FOSS.IN 2010 Retrospective

Praveen Kumar praveenrocking2008 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 07:45:53 UTC 2010

Me and my friend  attended mini.conf and packaging workout, it was a
nice experience for us. On packaging workout everything explained very
nicely and in talks  we got a good overview about Fedora summer of
code,  Four season summer of code, emacs etc. we also got free media
... :)
Thanks for Everything.

Praveen Kumar

On 12/20/10, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> We have a tradional post even period for suggestions/feedback on what we
> did right and what we could improve upon either individually or as a
> team.  Although FOSS.IN team has announced that they aren't continuing
> the event, the feedback is important for us to organize ourselves better
> for other events as well.   So I am looking forward to any feedback from
> participants.   The one thing that immediately comes to mind is that, we
> were asked for x86_64 media for a number of users, much more than any
> other event that I have seen.  So it does appear x86_64 has gone
> mainstream now and we need to do media for both architectures going
> forward with more x86 media still.    We probably could have used more
> keychains and buttons as they were way too popular as usual.
>
> Let me know your thoughts if you were part of the Fedora team attending
> foss.in or even just a participant who attended a session in the mini
> conf, main conf , booth or something else.   The feedback can range from
> anything about the choice of hotel, logistics, talks and everything in
> between.
>
> Rahul

Praveen kumar
Information Technology(Final Year)