[fedora-india] Panel Font Color

Sawrub luckysharma11 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 17:26:32 UTC 2010

Hi All,

After a bit of googling i found that in order to change the font color
of the panel text, i need to add a small piece of code to the
'.gtkrc-2.0' file under my home directory.
<code in .gtkrc-2.0>
style "panel"
{
fg[NORMAL] = "#ffffff"
}
widget "*PanelWidget*" style "panel"
widget "*PanelApplet*" style "panel"
class "*Panel*" style "panel"
widget_class "*Mail*" style "panel"
class "*notif*" style "panel"
class "*Notif*" style "panel"
class "*Tray*" style "panel"
class "*tray*" style "panel"
</code in .gtkrc-2.0'>

Did same and it also solved my problem but introduced another. The right
click on clock or thrash and couple of other panel applets now show a
menu with text in white font [my selected font color] with white
background, which makes reading the menu impossible. The other menu's a
re just fine except the mentioned. Its only when i hover the mouse on
the list item, that the list item is readable since then the background
changes to blue.
Please help me in solving the issue. I've attached the screen-shot in
case of Trash.

--
Saurabh Sharma
Linux user number: 490644