[fedora-india] [Idea] How about generating servicepacks of gstreamer* et.al.?

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 16:12:26 UTC 2010

I was thinking about this a couple of days before.

Somewhere, I heard someone saying, you need to compile code to get the
musics playing. Now, I corrected them and pointed out that what they
need to do in order to get it playing.

Then this idea came to my mind, what if we generate the service packs
of say gstreamer-plugins*, vlc and the other necessary but restricted
software and host it outside fedora's infrastructure? We can give
these people a single link and say for playing all the audio/video
stuff, go to this link, download this servicepack, come home and
install it.

A few will say, we have to create service packs for each updates
pushed. But really we can do with the servicepack made with base
release only. This is because, he who does not have enough bw at home,
in all probability,  will not update his system. So chances are high
that he will still run the base installation.

Should we talk with rpmfusion people?

Susmit.