[fedora-india] request for speaker for our FOSS festival Mukti 2010

Thu Jan 7 10:28:50 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 2:56 PM, Debayan Banerjee <debayanin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Fedora folks last year could not reach out to too many people last year
> because of some logistical difficulties. Even then the impact was pretty
> good.

That is the reason I asked for a quantitative assessment of the
impact. On hindsight, last year we tried to do a lot of things
(somewhat along the lines of being everything to everybody).
Personally, I don't think we actually had success on that.

To have a "normal" FAD, you'd need to have folks who spent the last
year working on something "Fedora". Transplanting external resources
makes for good show-n-tell, but most of the time it doesn't produce
anything significant.

> I am sure that  this year a normal Fedora Activity Day will be extremely
> successful. Just make sure they are given full access to all resources and
> take care of logistics (stalls/DVDs) well.

I take it that NIT is an institution - it should be able to set up a
Fedora mirror and, allow local installs. I don't see the surging need
for DVDs.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>