[fedora-india] Fedora India Website

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at laptop.org
Mon Jul 19 22:11:01 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 4:56 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You might already be aware that is there a major effort to design
> fedoracommunity.org as a central place for local community websites.
>
> http://mairin.wordpress.com/2010/07/19/fedoracommunity-org-website-design/
>
> We could have in.fedoracommunity.org if there is a interest here and
> someone volunteers to create a website.  Is there a need?

About the "is there a need?" part - I have always felt that it might
be interesting to have the default Fedora home page use geoip and try
to redirect the request to the appropriate country-community page. The
community may want to have a "landing page" directing users to various
resources, etc that may help them get started and also join the
community.

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--