[fedora-india] Hi, trouble in fedora media program

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 08:31:24 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-28 at 07:37 +0100, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 28/07/10 03:43, Ashwin wrote:
> --snip--
> >
> > Madan was provided a media by a member on the list (great job Ankur) no
> > issues with me, as long as the request was serviced.
>
> Is Ankur on Freemedia?
> (In case of multiple Ankurs')
> If not, why not? Only he can answer.
>

> > Madan was NOT directed to freemedia program.  Was he ?
>
> No, but if you check my first reply to Ravi,
> I was asking was his original post in regards to Freemedia
>

> > Is there any regional or any other kind of bias here ?
> >

> Not from me, records speak for themselves.
> My only concern if the lack of activity from Indians to help their own
> (on the surface) 40+ Indian Volunteers. About 6 actually send media.
> Yet I close up to 200 requests for media per month unanswered.
> Have you joined the freemedia program?
>
> Can this list help us fill the requests from India?
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/Freemedia/Join_freemedia
>
> It breaks my heart to close so many.

hi,

I'm sorry I've been away. I'm preparing for an exam and therefore trying
so stay as far as my system as possible.

Yes. I'm already member of the free media team.

When I serviced Madan's request, there was no bias involved. It came to
the list, I really didn't think anyone was going to do anything about
it, so I went ahead and took the initiative. I was in Bangalore at the
time and had just received my copies of fedora media (that rangeen and
the rest of us got burnt together). It was convenient for me to service
requests there. I generally accept media requests that are near my
location and first request them to collect media from me personally if
possible to save me the postage cost. (or use the local contacts scheme
and send me blank media if possible). Even though sending media all over
India costs about the same (generally 25INR by speed post), it doesn't
make sense if someone in Bangalore is servicing tickest from Bihar, and
someone in Bihar is mailing media to Chennai.

At the moment I'm holidaying at home, and am not servicing requests.

I'm a student, so servicing a lot of requests isn't possible for me. I
do what I can manage. I do *not* service tickets that fail to respond to
queries, since it gives me the feeling that the reporter isn't
interested, and I should ship to someone else instead. I wait for an
appropriate time (3 weeks or about) for a response, after which the
tickets are closed.

I'd request more folks to sign up for the free media program as Frank
already did. It isn't true that students can't participate. ( Send 4
media a month, it's better than 0, and it costs INR 200. )

regards,
Ankur