[fedora-india] Hi, trouble in fedora media program

Ashwin ashwin.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 05:31:14 UTC 2010

On Thursday 29 July 2010 10:23 AM, susmit shannigrahi wrote:
>> I am glad you replied. I have 2 queries for you.
>>
>> 1.  Are you aware of any vendors in Lucknow for Fedora ?
>
> No. But there are vendors who ships the DVD (to your address) at very
> low cost (sub INR 50).
>
> For example, http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/OnlineVendors
> lists a few shops in India who ships at a _very_ reasonable price.
>
> So whether it is a shop in Lucknow or a shop in Kochi, does not really matter.
>
>> 2.  Are you aware of a place / group in Lucknow where one can make a
>> copy of Fedora at his own cost ?
>
> No.

The positive to note here is - requests / posts like the one from Arshad
signals an increase  in popularity of Fedora. A request for wanting all
the copies of Fedora since its birth, may sound childish, but I view it
as an achievement of Fedora programme and FOSS efforts by others. I love
to handle such queries with a child like glee myself. Let the child
survive inside oneself as long as it is possible. So direct them to me.

So now you have one more person in me to bank on to handle the
inevitable (even if irritating) i.e. the vast flow of request for
*media* as Fedora becomes more popular.

With Regards,
ASHWIN