[fedora-india] Help regarding Fedora 13 Installation (dual-boot)

Suchakra suchakra at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 08:36:59 UTC 2010

Hi,
Lots of guys are coming up to me asking how to dual boot Fedora 13 and
Win (XP/7/Vista) on their systems. I guide them to manually partition
their drives during Installation and have a separate free space for
creating ext and swap partitions so as to avoid any hassles during
installation. However many people are coming with just a SINGLE
partition on the whole disk, having Windows and wish to install
Fedora. The Fedora 13 installation is having a 'shrink' feature as I
see. I tried it on a Windows VM in VirtualBox but it erased Windows
and installed Fedora. I tried the shrink feature in Ubuntu 10.04 using
a similar Windows VM and it made a dual boot machine successfully.
Kindly help..where am I going wrong? Should I use GParted Live CD/USB
[1]? Tomorrow is InstallFest and students with such queries are bound
to come. Kindly help asap..

[1] http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php

Suchakra