[fedora-india] XAMPP in Fedora 13

Mahesh Mohan maheshmohan.mu at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 02:28:07 UTC 2010

Hi Folks,

I installed XAMPP from http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-linux.html and
installed as directed. But, after that, when I started it,
"XAMPP: Couldn't start MySQL!" message comes up. I googled a bit, and found
that SELinux is the problem. SO, I disabled it by changing the
SELINUX=enforcing to SELINUX=permissive in /etc/selinux/config . But, the
problem remains. As SELinux is causing a lot of problems, I tried to remove
it by yum, but it will remove lot of other packages. So, what to do?

Can anyone suggest any method to run XAMPP(I also tried this
http://www.vectorns.com/blog/19-running-xampp-on-fedora-with-selinux-enabled)
with SELinux running or how to remove it wthout affecting other packages?

http://maheshmohan.co.in