[fedora-india] Announcing loki-0.11 release

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 12:11:43 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-06-29 at 17:29 +0530, steve wrote:
> Hey Ankur,
>
> Just a heads up, I remembered seeing the name in relation to linux software
> somewhere and did a quick google. Seems like there was a company named loki
> which used to distribute linux games. Although the company no longer exists, the
> software released by the company does[1]. Besides this there is also a C++
> library with the same name and also a character named loki by Marvel Comics[2]
> (ie: existing name in related application domain). So, it might be a good idea
> to rename your application in the chance that your app. becomes wildly popular :).
>
> cheers,
> - steve
>
> [1] http://www.liflg.org/?catid=3
> [2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loki_%28disambiguation%29

hey,

Yeah, someone already suggested I change the name, and I thought it
wouldn't be needed. Anyway, since you're the second person to point this
out, I think I'd better rename it (more people might suggest the same
thing later).

Ideas please list members?

Why I had chosen "Loki" : He was a Norse God who is well known as a
prankster. He loved to make jokes etc. The app tells you about comics
such as xkcd which are also centred around humour.

I'd love to hear suggestions from you folks.

Calling on mether to suggest a name :)

regards,
Ankur