[fedora-india] Announcing loki-0.2.2 !!!

Wed Jun 30 05:54:25 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com> wrote:

> It does poll, but since comic strips are generally released at least a
> day apart, it polls once every 24 hours. This will be user controlled in
> the next release. Are you suggesting a window that actually shows the
> comic strip? I haven't thought of implementing that (yet). The glitch in
> implementing this is that the different comics use different formats and
> locations for the final strip image, so I'm not sure if there's a common
> algorithm I can use to extract the images and display them. Adding
> different methods to handle each strip individually doesn't sound like a
> good idea.

There used to be a desktop application on GNOME that handled the
views. I forget what the name is. The usage point I was mentioning is
that loki/tenali still requires me to click on a notification bubble
and use a browser to view the link. What if it was a self-contained
application with a browser within itself ? Something like what liferea
does and what pino does when you click on the bubble in notification.

> It uses user specific configuration files that you can find in the
> ~/.loki directory. The config file format is easy to
> understand(hopefully).

Trivial nit - comics.cfg has xkdc in place of xkcd.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>