[fedora-india] [Idea] How about generating servicepacks of gstreamer* et.al.?

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 05:32:43 UTC 2010

>> Then this idea came to my mind, what if we generate the service packs
>> of say gstreamer-plugins*, vlc and the other necessary but restricted
>> software and host it outside fedora's infrastructure? We can give
>> these people a single link and say for playing all the audio/video
>> stuff, go to this link, download this servicepack, come home and
>> install it.
>
> Can you write up a couple of servicepacks that need to be created ?

gstreamer-plugins-bad
gstreamer-plugins-bad-extras
gstreamer-plugins-ugly
vlc

There are others, but we can continue with these for a start.
The only problem that I can see is gstreamer-plugins-good conflicts
with gstreamer-plugins-bad. Though bugzilla shows it has been fixed, I
saw this problem in F11 & F12.

> And, once they are
> created we could check the size and, then ask around for volunteers to
> host it.

They will be small.
I am not sure about the exact size though.

Susmit.