[fedora-india] Questionnaire on FUDCon locations :)

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 08:57:44 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-24 at 09:32 +0530, Ashwin wrote:
> On 24-Mar-10 7:37 AM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> > On Tue, 2010-03-23 at 23:21 +0200, Debarshi Ray wrote:
> >> Let me a pain in your arse and spoil the fun.
> >>
> >> Why do we need a FUDCon in India? What difference will it make to Fedora?
> >>
> >> Happy hacking,
> >> Debarshi
> >
> > O_o
> >
> > Lets exchange places on that one. I'll be the pain in your behind this
> > time and keep the fun going ;)
> >
> > http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/india/2010-March/003093.html
> >
> > http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/india/2010-March/003099.html
>
> Reference to these posts does not indicate anything.

It does.

It's ironic how the idea was added to the agenda in the first place
(only topic on agenda, btw) , and is being questioned now after *two*
meetings on it. What were the two meetings held for? Did we simply waste
a Fedora-India specific townhall meeting?

> > If it was your idea of fun mate, it was a real rotten one.
>
> Debarshi's query is a simple one. Do not blame him for asking.
>
> Either you answer or let someone else answer, why ridicule ?

I did not ridicule. There is no issue at all, it's still a discussion
and will stay that way. Please don't give it such a negative outlook :)

As for the answer to the question:

http://press.redhat.com/2009/07/15/fudcon-berlin-provides-venue-for-security-wireless-collaboration/

I think the FUDCon at India will benefit Fedora the same way.
We *are* the *third largest* contributor to Fedora.  (read /topic at
#fedora-india)

In the spirit of a good, constructive discussion, I request you to put
forward your views on why a FUDCon in India is a bad idea.

> > If people are not interested in the FUDCon for whatever reason, now
> > would be a good time to speak up since some of us are taking up
> > responsibilities, tasks and working for it, and we don't appreciate
> > being sent on useless errands.
>

> This for the list - If there is no answer to such a simple query, how
> come engaging people is justified, for an event which does not have a
> clear agenda ?

No one has engaged anyone. It is justified to request people to use the
meetings correctly and present their views, *before* a decision is
passed and some work has begun. It's everyone's responsibility when
you're working with such a large community.

You'd have a bad taste in the mouth too if you had begun working on
something related to the FUDCon.

You didn't answer the question either :)