[fedora-india] Questionnaire on FUDCon locations :)

Debarshi Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 09:01:52 UTC 2010

> Lets exchange places on that one. I'll be the pain in your behind this
> time and keep the fun going ;)

Sure. I like fun.

> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/india/2010-March/003093.html
>
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/india/2010-March/003099.html

Well, if you search through your inbox you will find out something
about: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:India_2010

> If it was your idea of fun mate, it was a real rotten one.

I have a rotten sense of humour.

In any case, since there was going to be a townhall meeting I thought
it would be a good opportunity to discuss it. The presence of the Wiki
page can be assumed to be an indication that there is some interest in
having a FUDCon in India.

> If people are not interested in the FUDCon for whatever reason, now
> would be a good time to speak up since some of us are taking up
> responsibilities, tasks and working for it, and we don't appreciate
> being sent on useless errands.

Here in lies the whole story.

No one is sending you on useless errands. You are doing it because you
like or want to do it. There is no lord/lady/God/Godess asking you to
work. While this may sound all very good and nice, there is a catch
here. You can not rely on $DEITY to take up the task of giving
direction and purpose to the event. It is you who has to work on that
as well. Your responsibilities include decision-making and execution.
While lifting up chairs and hanging posters and arranging the
microphones is back breaking work, it is only the execution part of
it. The decision making is the other part and it is not easy either.
Don't avoid it.

Remember when you talk about a FUDCon in India, you are the face of
India in front of the whole world. You represent India. Don't take it
lightly.

Cheers,
Debarshi

PS: I should have probably used 'we' instead of 'you', but that does
not change the point. I am not blaming you, nor am I pissed off with
you. :-)
--
One reason that life is complex is that it has a real part and an
imaginary part.