[fedora-india] Packaging Requests

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Fri May 7 18:55:41 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-05-07 at 14:08 +0200, Dhaval Giani wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> http://cars9.uchicago.edu/ifeffit/About

I started working on ifeffit. I seem to have gotten stuck.

this if from their README though:

""Installing PGPLOT for IFEFFIT
-----------------------------

Starting with Ifeffit 1.2.10, PGPLOT must be installed BEFORE Ifeffit is
built, and must be built with the PGPLOT_Install script.   Specifically,
pre-compiled binary packages from linux distributions (debian, ubuntu,
etc)
WILL NOT WORK.  If you try to use of these, IFEFFIT will not find
PGPLOT.

To install PGPLOT, type

  ~> sh ./PGPLOT_install

The shell script 'PGPLOT_install' will attempt to download, build and
install PGPLOT for you.  Running PGPLOT_install can be as simple as
  ./PGPLOT_install --system=linux

This will install Ifeffit to /usr/local/share/ifeffit/pgplot.  You can
specifiy a different location for the 'share/ifeffit/pgpplot' tree, but
it is recommended that you use the same prefix for PGPLOT_install and
Ifeffit's configure script.""

It needs pgplot to be installed in a non standard location. I'll have to
patch the source to make it look in standard locations. This is going to
take time :(

--
regards,
Ankur