[fedora-india] Ambassadors in India

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sat May 8 17:31:50 UTC 2010

Hi,

Just a heads up for anyone interested:

Over the few years since we started the Fedora Ambassadors initiative,
we have several dozens of folks sign up as Ambassadors from India and
many of them were not active.  As part of the change to assign mentors
to new folks interested in becoming ambassadors, we have also taken
efforts to remove inactive ones so that we can retain the people who are
active participants.   We currently have three mentors in India for
potential ambassadors - me, Kushal and Susmit and we have consensus that
atleast within India, it is better if anyone interested in becoming
ambasadors become active contributors first to some sub project of
Fedora,  be it documentation, artwork, packaging or something else.  If
you are a people person, attend events, blog and participate in any
marketing efforts first before applying to be an ambassadors so that we
have a good idea about your interest,  skill set and track record in
getting things done.   I have no interest in pimping up numbers without
active participation  (ie) quality over quantity.