[fedora-india] Ambassadors in India

Ashwin ashwin.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 10 04:52:57 UTC 2010

On 05/10/2010 12:04 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 05/09/2010 11:22 PM, pavithran wrote:
>>
>>  Not mentioning names I remember once searching for an ambassador to
>> guide some student . That student couldn't get in touch with that
>> ambassador at all(no response to 5 or 6 mails) . I redirected him to
>> someone else .
>>

> Ambassadors are volunteers and might not always be available but if
> anything like this happens again,  please bring it to the attention of
> this list.  Others interested can fill in the gaps and we do remove
> inactive ambassadors from time to time.  That requires us to know when
> someone is not available to fill in the role they volunteered for in the
> first place.
>
> Rahul

Hi Rahul,

As a user I started with Redhat 6.0 in the year 2000, presently I use
both Fedora 12 and 13 (beta as of now).

After having spent a lot of time over the years, in spreading the usage
of Linux and advocating Free and Open Source Software (but not exactly
by way of holding seminars or presentations) more by the way of
innovating the application solutions and hand holding and spoon feeding
the converts to LINUX, I simply state, keep the ambassadors program as
it is.

Keep it maintained, by listing people as inactive based on pre-defined
time lines (reminder emails to renew the active status etc.)

If you really want some yardstick to measure performance of an
ambassador, then build some monetary / cash rewards and incentives into
the program.

I have not listed myself as an ambassador so far, if the rewards /
incentives are good enough, I will surely list myself :)

with Regards,
ASHWIN